Saturday, May 2, 2009

Decorating Dilema

I have almost all of the wall paper peeled and it wasn't as hard as I had anticipated! The green colour under the chair rail is painted- not wall paper. Now I have some lovely pinks to go with the brown and greens in the kitchen and dinning room. But I still have yet to pick what colours I should do instead. I don't know if I should go with my first instinct and paint the lower half a dark redish colour and the top half a browny yellow. I have paint chips at home that I think look okay but I'm afraid that a yellow colour will be too much with all the wood.
I bought a chair off of Kijiji that I absolutely love! It was actually made in Holland and brought over by ship many years ago. The family who sold it to me are moving into a smaller place and have no room for it and I was happy to take it off their hands. But now I'm wondering if I should paint the walls to kind of match the chair. Any suggestions anyone might have would be appreciated. I might not use them :) But I do love to hear other people's opinions.



1 comment:

Brad and Meagan said...

Hey I still think - the all white country look from that magazine would look good:) You can accent it with decorations that match your chair.