Thursday, May 14, 2009

Family Get-together

Every May around Mother's Day the VanDyk's get together to
celebrate not only their mother's but also their Oma
and great Oma. Oma has herbirthday on May 12. This year we
rented the RCS gym so it was nice and close by for us.
Renting a school is necessary for the VanDyk's with Oma
having 7 children with spouses, 47 grandchildren with 28 spouses,
and 85 great grandchildren (I think).
Although not everyone comes, the majority
does come and it can be very chaotic! But it is such a
blessing to have such a large family and a great
encouragement to know that everyone has remained
faithful to the Lord and are members of Reformed churches.

My cousin Luke being silly with a balloon under his shirt.
The kids are waiting to learn about the game they are going to play.
We usually try to have the families dressed colour coded.
This year our family was grey. The other colours included
were white, red, orange, blue, brown and green.









4 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

I don't know why, but I burst out laughing when just I saw that just underneath the words "...faithful to God and attending Reformed churches..." is a picture of a little guy aiming a gun! That's too funny!

Oh man, I can't stop laughing. Blame it on hormones. :D

Brad and Meagan said...

looks like it was fun:)

Anneke Naves said...

Yeah Jacinda... I shouldn't have posted that picture first. Things are pretty wild at our get-togethers! Kade is such a cute kid though... I'm sure he would never actually shoot someone.

Jonathan and Denise said...

Anneke,
I too had to smile, when I looked up your blog and saw my little guy in an "oh so typical" pose. They are rather infatuated with guns right now . . . actually its been for a while and probably no end in sight. . . but you are right- he does have a very kind nature and would never hurt someone:) Your little guy is looking so grown up and so cute too!! I love the John Deere. Looks like a farmer in the making. Keep up the blogging. I enjoy this way of keeping up with family!
Love Denise