Monday, August 17, 2009

The secret is out!

I hate living with secrets.... especially when they are ones that fill your mind all day long! If someone tells me a secret, I try to forget about it so I don't accidentally tell someone else. I guess I can be a bit of a gossip, which is not something I want to be, but when I hear exciting news about someone, I just want to share it, even if I'm not supposed to. I am usually good in keeping secrets, as hard as it is.

So now I have been living with a secret for the past 13 weeks, and while it's been hard keeping it a secret, it is also hard to share it. I find it easier for my family and friends to share it with others, now that they know the secret as of yesterday (which was the real reason we invited everyone over for lunch.... but celebrating birthdays is important too :)

And instead of just blurting out the secret, I had to come up with some creative way of sharing it. So since we were celebrating Chris' birthday, I gave him a gift, which totally surprised him seeing as I had given him his actual gifts back on the 7th. Once Chris opened the gift bag he realized that the secret was being shared and pulled out a picture frame that held the first picture of our second child, still in the womb.

So yes, now the secret is out... Nathan's baby brother or sister is due to make their appearance February 20, 2010, L.D. Who knows, maybe they'll have the same birthday? Nathan's is the 17th :) We pray that everything will go well and that our family will be blessed with a healthy, "on time", bundle of joy!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

We're so happy for you! (I can't honestly say I'm surprised...)Babies are such a blessing and it's so nice that you and Chris are expecting again! We too hope and pray that all will go well.

Brad and Meagan said...

Yay! I'm excited for you guys and now we'll have babies at the same time again- I had fun being pregnant with you last time:)

Jonathan and Denise said...

Congratulations Anneke and Chris! We hope things are going well and that God will bless you with a healthy baby next year!

Anneke Naves said...

Thanks everyone! We were joking later on that it would have been funny if Chris didn't know yet and my way of telling him was giving him the ultra-sound picture in front of everyone :) But I would never do something like that! I found out on father's day that I was pregnant so in the card I wrote on behalf of Nathan I said there was a special gift that wouldn't arrive for at least 8 months. It was fun watching him read it!

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Brad and I are thrilled for you guys! It's going to be quite the busy get-togethers, but I'm sure they'll be tons of fun with all our little kiddies running around. :) I think it's so cool that you and Meagan are pregnant again at the same time. Vandermaarels and Naves are pretty good at having kids the same age eh? :)