Saturday, September 26, 2009

One Year!

So I just realized that it has been a year now since I started this blog. I haven't been very faithful with it though, especially at the beginning. That's probably because not very many other people I knew were blogging. But that has changed over the last 6 months and I always look forward to viewing the pictures and reading the words my friends have to share. Although I don't think there are too many people who actually read my blog, I do enjoy posting some pictures now and then and sharing any interesting news about my life and family. I always like checking to see if someone has commented :)

I have not been very faithful with pulling the camera out which would explain the lack of new pictures. I have taken a few videos of Nathan bum scooting, which I will post eventually! I'm now having to keep my eyes peeled, watching for things he might get into. Although he's not very fast yet, he does know how to get into trouble. Going into cupboards and drawers is his favorite, as well as my craft supplies. I am supposed to be getting a large cupboard to put it all in. Hopefully Chris will pick it up Monday for me since the rain check expires at the end of this month and Canadian Tire called yesterday to tell us it was finally in.

Speaking of getting into trouble, Nathan is becoming quite the smart boy! Because he isn't always the best eater, I have some small toys and books for him to play with when he eats. I have also given him my bottle of prenatal vitamins to shake. Well, Thursday morning he was eating cheerios in his high chair and he had the bottle of vitamins to play with. I went outside to get some milk for my cereal and grab the newspaper. When I came back inside Nathan was smiling away and threw something on the ground. I thought it was just a cheerio and told him not to throw his food. But then I saw a pile of pink pills on his tray!!! Somehow he managed to open up a "child proof" lid. Thankfully he didn't like the taste of them (I don't particularly either) and it didn't appear that he ate any of them, although some of them were pretty sticky and had pieces of cheerios stuck to them!

I never did get around to making applesauce on Friday like I had hoped to. I did ask my mother-in-law if she was planning on making some so we will probably do it together sometime. Not sure when that is going to happen though. I really need to get started on our upstairs with filling holes in the walls, ripping out carpet and painting the trim and walls, not to mention sorting out all the stuff that is stored up there! I am contemplating having a garage sale but am thinking it's getting a little too late in the year. Anyways, I should go and get ready for the golf tournament dinner tonight. Looking forward to eating some yummy steak and salads!

2 comments:

Brad and Meagan said...

happy anniversary:)

Amanda said...

i read your blog!! i check it every day now that i'm at school, usually on the lost and found box...the best wireless connection...:) i just don't often leave comments....tho now maybe i will :)