Friday, October 30, 2009

The past couple days

My Wednesday was going just fine until around 5pm I decided to take Nathan out to the barn for some fresh air before I fed him his supper. The house was extremely warm that afternoon since I was trying to make sure I kept the fire going in the wood stove... I have the tendency to let it burn out and then let Chris get it started again. But I knew Chris was going to be working late that day so I made sure the fire stayed blazing. The fresh air felt extremely good but within minutes my stomach was turning... the feeling I hate so much! I met Amanda in the barn and told her that I would probably skip choir that evening and that she wouldn't have to babysit after all.

That icky feeling persisted and sure enough, once I got most of Nathan's supper into him, anything inside of me came out. Here I was bent over the toilet with my son screaming his head off because I had left the room and he still wanted his apple sauce to eat.... not a pretty sight! The rest of the evening was spent just doing the necessary, cleaning up after Nathan and getting him ready for bed. Chris found me curled up in a ball munching on crackers just before 8pm. when he finally came in. He too wasn't feeling that great, although he hadn't lost anything from his stomach. I went to bed soon after but wasn't able to sleep. Chris finally joined me at 10 and fell asleep instantly, as usual. I'm so jealous of his ability to do so! 20 minutes later I was grabbing for the bucket beside my bed. Munching on crackers wasn't a good idea after all :( After sucking on a peppermint (just wanted to get the horrible taste out of my mouth!) and dozing off and on for 2 hours, I was grabbing the bucket again! Sucking on a peppermint wasn't a good idea either :(

I then decided that I would sleep on the couch, even if it did seem like Chris had slept thru all the noise (although he told me in the morning that I'm very loud when it comes to barfing, just like his dad... thanks dear!). Of course when I was trying to get the blanket that was stashed in the hallway between bedrooms, I knocked over a few things, creating a big crash and thus waking up my son, as well as my husband. Chris came out of the room in a daze, not saying anything at all and promptly went back to bed once I told him everything was fine. Nathan on the other hand, continued to cry until I finally warmed up the bottle he had refused to finish before bed time. Finally there was peace and quite in the Naves' household... until 4 o'clock hits and Chris decides to sleep thru his alarm clock. I listen to the buzzing for what seems like forever before going to wake the sleeping giant. He thus hits snooze and 9 minutes later is still sleeping thru the alarm. This scene is repeated several more times before Chris actually gets up. The only people the alarm does seem to wake up is me and Nathan :(

Thankfully on Thursday my mother-in-law picked Nathan up at lunch time and kept him until this morning. I spent Thursday napping, drinking lots of fluids and watching Sense&Sensibility and Pride&Prejudice. I even managed to have some soup and crackers. Chris, poor guy, still continued to work, even though he was a little feverish, achy and had very little appetite. He said he felt like he had played in a hockey tournament, that's how sore he was. Why he doesn't tell his boss he's not feeling good is beyond me! Anyways, we are doing much better now. Thankfully it didn't seem like we had the symptoms for the H1N1. We are going to stay home tonight yet and miss the Reformation Rally at Redeemer, which I was so looking forward to. But I think it's best that we continue to rest and not spread any germs around!

2 comments:

Irene said...

Aw. Glad you are feeling better though! The speech tonight was really good :). You'll have to listen to it online...

Amanda said...

haha that's so typical of chris...not taking off work...me on the other hand....ie. on sunday nite...:) im not afraid to ask

but it's good to hear you guys are feeling better!