Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lately....

So I haven't been very faithful with writing new blog posts but that's because life is a lot busier with 2 kids, esp. when you're nursing the baby every 3 hours and changing your son's diaper every half hour (don't ask!). Even as I began writing this I was distracted by a cookie crumb mess, an injured boy and a load of laundry waiting to be hung on the line. And now my son is wailing by the back door, wanting to be outside with his daddy so very much. A couple times this week, Chris has taken Nathan with him to the barn so I could take MaryBeth to the doctors or just have some peace and quiet in the house. Nathan absolutely loves it! And I know Chris enjoys it too, but it's not always practical for the type of work that needs to be done. I am very grateful for a husband who loves his son (and daughter of course) and is willing to take him around the farm and give his wife a break! :)

I celebrated my birthday last week... a day that I look less and less forward to celebrating with every year gone by. I guess because it means I'm another year older :) I invited the in-laws over for cheese cake in the evening and had a nice time just socializing. Saturday afternoon we headed over to Brad & Meagan's so the men could babysit while the women went shopping. I bought a nice outfit for Mark & Bethany's wedding (just a month away!). I brought supper along so we enjoyed chicken wings and Caesar salad (and garlic bread) with the Vandermaarels. We didn't stay too long that evening since we needed to get to bed on time so we could get up early Sunday morning and drive up to my parents for the day. It was nice to go to my parents church where I attended most of my life and see all the people I used to know and show off my kids. My mom had told me earlier on the phone that she was worried that I wouldn't like the gift they got me. Even right before I opened it she said she wasn't sure about it... typical of my mom. Boy was she wrong! They gave me the dvd series "Planet Earth". I was so excited!!! I've been wanting to watch those movies for a long time (I saw 3 of them while I was in the hospital).

My neighbour Tracey bought me tulips for my birthday :) I find the gifts that come as a surprise are always the best. You know you're getting gifts from your family, but if they give you something you totally don't expect (like "Planet Earth") it makes it that much more exciting! And now that my tulips are almost finished, I received even more flowers, this time from a friend who came to visit yesterday- Rennie Westerveld. Gotta love gerbras and sweetheart roses and of course, special friends!

Just had to add this picture of my stylish girl :)

1 comment:

Brad and Meagan said...

thanks for cooking us supper:)