
And now we have reached 6 months.... is it just me or does the 2nd child grow up way faster then the first? I remember Chris saying that Nathan was "boring" when he was only a few months old :) It seemed to take forever before Nathan was able to do things. I guess when you have an older child that keeps you busy, the younger child seems to grow up a lot quicker.
MaryBeth has been the model baby, sleeping 8-9 hours at 5 months, staying in the 50th percentile for her corrected age (which would be 4 and a half months now) and has almost tripled her birth weight. She's very happy, playing in her playpen with her toes, jumping in the jolly jumper or even being smothered by her brother (I've only heard her cry twice due to a "loving" pinch on the arm or from having Nathan's bum on her head!). She almost always has a smile on her face when Nathan comes near. It will be so nice for Nathan to have a playmate.
Yesterday while we were reading the Bible after supper, I made a new discovery. MaryBeth decided to munch on my finger when low and behold I felt something sharp. A TOOTH!!! And I had no idea she was teething. The second tooth is almost all the way through too. Now to decide if I should continue nursing and for how much longer. I always said that once my kids get teeth, that will be it, but I don't really want to stop just yet. I guess we'll just see how it goes the next little while.


2.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
She's a sweetie . . .love the picture collages . . . and by the way, time doesn't slow down anytime soon. They all grow up way too fast. Glad that she is such an easy and happpy baby for you and that is so nice that she loves Nathan. I love watching siblings interact when they are so little like that.
Don't worry, they bite more before they get teeth than afterward! I think one they have teeth they quickly figure out not to chomp on you. :) If you're enjoying it, might as well keep going! It's so cosy, and good for them, too!
Post a Comment