Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Road Closed

For pretty much the whole the summer the intersection right by our house has been closed :( While it is a pain, having to detour about 5 minutes out of the way to get to the main roads, it hasn't been all bad. I must say that I try not to go out as much as I did before. It has always been so easy to hop in the car and drive the 5 minutes to Wal-Mart. But since the intersection has been closed, I think twice about going to the store because now it's a 10 minute drive.

Our road has been much quieter now too. I didn't realize how busy our road actually is until it was closed to "local traffic only". It was pretty funny (even still today) to watch how many cars, trucks and even transport trucks have ignored the signs in hopes they could make their way through, just to have to turn around. One Sunday morning while I was getting breakfast ready there must have been 30 cars in just over an hour racing by one way and then minutes later racing the other way! I felt sorry for the transport trucks who tried to get through. They would have to back up about a 1/3 km so they could turn around in the farm driveway. The kids and I have enjoyed many walks down the road, which was previously too busy to stroll down. We check the construction site at least once a week to see the machinary at work and observe the progress being made. We were told that our road will open in October... not sure what week yet. Until then we'll enjoy our walks! Next year there's a chance our road will be repaved... more construction to deal with!







1 comment:

Jonathan and Denise said...

I absolutely love the picture of Marybeth in the purple hat. What a cute hat (good job) and what an adorable little girl to wear it:)