We drove early Sunday morning to the church I grew up in, Covenant Christian Reformed Church. I must say that while I enjoy visiting with old friends there, I'm not a fan of the services or the preaching- a little too liberal and relaxed (almost every women is wearing pants and only my dad, the minister and about 5 old men are wearing suits). I didn't really agree with the minister (they had a pulpit exchange that morning) saying that a sermon should be short to accomodate the old people with back problems. I am definately thankful for the church I am now a member of and for our minister, who is a faithful preacher of God's Word!
Anyways, I wasn't planning on writing all of that :)
I love getting together with my family! I still feel at home in the house I grew up in... not much has changed there. The weather was beautiful, something else to be thankful for. While I was hoping to go for a walk at the nearby conservation area, we decided to stay home and enjoy the backyard instead.
My parents and the 2 still at home :)
We bug my brother about his hair all the time, calling him Justin Beiber.
1 comment:
So nice to "hear" you say that about "our" church Anneke! We're glad you are there and your (and Chris') contributions to different aspects of the church family are very much appreciated.
Post a Comment