This morning it has been extremely windy! And rainy, but so far this week I think it's rained every day. According to the forcast we can look forward to more rain next week. The hydro went out here and from what I heard on the radio it's out in a lot of places. Thankfully we have a generator because of the farm. If the hydro were to go out for a long period of time the cows would not be able to be milked and any milk in the cooler would not stay cold. When the guys hook up the generator it gives power to both houses on the farm as well. So nice!!! If we ever move, I'd really miss this feature. While I haven't heard how fast these wind gusts have been, they have been strong enough to do this.
This is a tree on our neighbour's property across the road. This second picture I took from the comfort of our warm house. The rest I took while risking getting blown away :)
Pretty crazy what some wind can do!
And this last picture is of a branch from the tree at the end of our drive way. It nearly took me out this morning as I was getting the newspaper. On Thursdays we get not only our daily Hamilton Spectator but the Ancaster News and some flyer's in the mailbox as well. I grabbed the papers from the driveway and continued onto the grass to wait to cross the road while cars drove by. Not even 10 seconds later this branch (while it is dead wood, it is very heavy) came crashing down exactly where the newspaper had just been. Kind of scary!

1 comment:
Yikes! Lots of the same going on here...it's been an eventful day:)So thankful for strong houses!
Poor little calf!!
Post a Comment