The kids and I spent 4 (long) nights up at Rock Lake Lodge last week with my family. While Chris could have come if he had made his mind up earlier in the year, he chose to stay home and work since they would be busy on the farm doing hay. I think he regretted it later and wished he was coming along. Next year hopefully!
We were blessed with beautiful sunny skies with a gentle breeze coming off the lake to help us feel not so baked :) It even rained a few times, usually just for a few minutes. Long enough to make everyone scramble around grabbing lawn chairs and towels. The kids have such a blast there (during the day :) going down the slides, having under-doggies from Oma on the swings, or playing in the sand. Nathan, who's not a big water fan, didn't wear his bathing suit once the entire time! He was happy just to sit in the sand and play with trucks. As I have hinted at, our nights didn't go so well. The 3 of us were confined to a small bedroom for the first 2 nights and lets just say there was not much sleep had on my part with the kids waking up almost every hour. The last 2 nights were much better as Nathan was able to sleep in a room by himself since my sister, brother in law and their kids left. I think by then they were both just tuckered out!
One of the best parts of going to RLL is all the time spent with family. It's so nice for the kids to spend several days with their grandparents. While the kids see Chris' parents fairly often, them living just down the road, we only see my parents maybe once a month if we're lucky and often just for several hours each time. My mom is so good about watching the kids so I can relax. I have a feeling our holidays next month won't be as relaxing, although Chris will be there to help :)
No comments:
Post a Comment