Saturday, March 3, 2012

SURPRISE

My families and friends attempted to throw me a surprise party for my 30th birthday (this coming Monday). Unfortunately I did kind of suspect it. But I didn't say a word to anyone because I didn't want to disappoint them or myself. I have a big tendency to over analyze everything going on around me, especially when it comes to birthdays. This can be a bad thing I guess. But it's a part of who I am and it's not going to change! Anyways, Chris came in the house quite early Friday evening to take me out for supper. I knew we were going out so this was no surprise. Chris coming in so early and the cash from his boss to take me out was a nice surprise (to Chris too :) So off we went to the Lone Star Texas Grill, leaving the kids with Kevin. I kept thinking that it was somewhat convenient for us to be coming home just before 8pm. We would be gone a perfect amount of time for everyone to come into our house to surprise me when we got back. I was going to say something to Chris about coming home to a house full of people, but I didn't want to ruin it for him or myself. I would have been pretty disappointed to come home and no one to have been there, so I kept telling myself not to think about it and just enjoy my lovely evening out with my hubby. Chris kind of figured that I knew that there was a surprise party planned since I spent so much time cleaning the house that day :) But he didn't say anything about that either. We enjoyed some steaks (actually I enjoyed the broccoli the best... crazy, eh?) and each other's company. Meanwhile back at the house the following was going on....








And then we came home. I kind of saw a shadow of someone when I was taking my boots off and thought, "oh no, here we go!"







Nathan got all shy and embarrassed... not sure why he does that but often in a big crowd like that he does.





I wish there were more pictures of the actual evening but I didn't have my camera and I was too busy enjoying the company of my friends and family! Thank you Megan for taking these pictures so I have something to remember this fun evening by. And thanks to everyone who helped make my 30th birthday special!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anneke! Wishing you many more blessed years!
Marietta

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anneke! Wishing you many more blessed years!
Marietta