So despite not feeling the greatest most days, life does go on! Thankfully it has been uneventful (now anyways) concerning myself and this pregnancy. Today we are celebrating another year of life given to my dear hubby. The kids were so excited that it was dad's birthday they insisted on decorating (I just blew up some balloons for them to play with). And then Nathan proceeded to invite everyone at the farm over for coffee and birthday cake without my knowledge. Thankfully I did have a small cake that I had bought as well as some doughnuts for our sudden impromptu party. I am so thankful to be blessed with a wonderful husband and devoted father for our kids. It melts my heart to look out the window at any given time and see Chris bending down to pick up Mary Beth and throw her in the air or spin her around, causing endless giggling. God has certainly blessed our family with this special man.
A couple of weeks ago Nathan came knocking on the door early one morning (I think I was still in bed) with a surprise. A tiny gray kitten! He desperately wanted to keep it inside but I'm done with pets in the house (plus I'm allergic to cats!).
Every now and then the kitten reappears much to the delight of Nathan. Thankfully Samson only barks and sniffs it. I'm terrified that he'll destroy the kitten in front of Nathan one of these days. The neighbour dog did that once a couple of years ago but Nathan didn't really understand what was going on (thankfully) as the dog whipped the kitten around, tossing it in the air as a play thing,
The kids got to pick out one thing from the dollar store a couple weeks ago and this is what Mary Beth chose...
When driving home from church 2 Sundays ago, God blessed our sky with a rainbow. It actually went completely around. The kids loved it!
Chris has been busy (when the weather is good) with straw. It's fun when the straw field is so close to our house and we can watch him bale. Normally his boss does the bailing but the Vis' were on holidays so Chris got to do it. There is still more to do... it rained a little this morning so it might be another day or two before it gets done.
So two weeks ago now Nathan tripped over some baler twine in the barn and fell awkwardly. While I didn't see it, Chris said he landed on his side. He didn't cry too long, but for the next 2 days, it was hard getting Nathan changed as he complained about his shoulder hurting. Monday I finally was able to get into the doctor that evening and she sent us for x-rays on Tuesday. Sure enough he had a small fracture on his collar bone. For the most part, he's not bothered by it unless you forget it's sore and try to pick him up under his arms (right Amanda? :) The only thing I am concerned about is that Nathan is left handed and now refuses to do anything with that hand now. We went for another x-ray yesterday and we'll find out those results tomorrow. Nathan hates wearing the sling and only likes it if we go out because he gets attention :)
He hardly wears it anymore. Today I made him put it on so I could take pictures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment