I love this picture so much! Everyone is somewhat happy, clean and composed. That is 9 out of 10 times not the case. Life seems so chaotic lately. The calendar is filling up. I have to say I relish the days we stay at home.
Miss Jenna is growing way too quickly for my liking. At her 4 month check-up she weighed in at 13 lbs. 6 oz. She sleeps through the night off and on. Generally I can just pop her soother back in her mouth and get her to last until 6 am. I moved her from the bassinet into the crib a couple of weeks ago and that took some adjusting to, that and having roseola. I had thought Jenna was teething as she was constantly chewing on her fingers and drooling and then had a fever for just over 2 days. Then she broke out in a rash. Since Nathan and Mary Beth never had roseola, I had no clue what was going on but my mother-in-law figured out what it was based on Jenna's symptoms and once she had had the rash for a couple of days, she was back to her happy self.
Jenna also has rolled over several times but has seemed to forgotten now how to do it :) She has very strong neck muscles, often lifting her head up from her chair or even when lying on my lap, trying to witness all the action around her.
Mary Beth had a rough weekend (first weekend in May). First she tripped over our central vac hose and hit her head on one of the island bar stools in the kitchen. It was a pretty deep cut that was close to needing stitches but thankfully we managed to keep the bleeding under control with just some band-aids. Then on Sunday evening after church, Mary Beth was racing to get to the car with Nathan and they collided on the pavement. Nathan managed to be unscathed but Mary Beth's ruined her white tights, skinning both knees and scraping her palms. Oh the tears!!!! This girl has zero pain tolerance. We have often said she better not do anything too serious to herself... I don't think we could handle all the crying. Thankfully she is now healing up nicely :)
2 comments:
Cuties! They do grow up so fast! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!!
Poor little girl. She's even cute all bandaged up, though.
The family photo looks lovely.
Post a Comment