This summer we decided to do something new... SOCCER! Mary Beth was very eager and excited to be signed up. Nathan not so much. In the end, Nathan played very well and Mary Beth did more socializing on the field :)
Nathan actually played half the year with a cast on! I made him take his sling off for the team picture... it was so dirty and gross :P
Calvin & Mary Beth
For whatever reason, the red team never had enough players. Only 4 or 5 would show up every Monday evening and so one or two of the black team players would have to wear a red jersey for the game. Usually Mary Beth would volunteer- probably because red was a more fun colour to wear then black :P
Jenna was usually good with coming along to the games. I kept a bucket of toys in the car for her to play with on Monday evenings on the grass.
Shaking hands...
At the last game, the kids were awarded a medal and certificate. Nathan was given the "good sport" award :)
Mary Beth was given the "best team work" award :)
They were so thrilled!
And they all got a doughnut to enjoy at the end of the evening.
I'm not sure yet if we will do soccer again next year. It was fun and I think the kids enjoyed it (although we did hear a lot of complaining before games from Nathan). I did find it very rushed though, trying to get everyone fed, changed and ready to go by 6:20 pm. Chris only made it to 3 or 4 of the games (he's not usually in the house for supper till 6:15-6:30). We'll see next spring if the kids are anxious to play again.

1 comment:
Hi Naves family. This is my 6th attempt to comment. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Hope this gets through.
Paul Naves ( Born in Connecticut ) Family: 1834, England to Saint John NB; 1870, NB to Massachusetts; 1940, to CT.
You have a wonderful family - I enjoy your posts.
Paul
Post a Comment