Back in December I decided that a makeover was much needed for our bedroom. We've lived here 10+ years and have never done anything to this room other then install the ceiling fan and change the duvet cover. These pictures are horrible (from my cell phone) and don't really show the wall colour very well. I don't even know how to describe the colour... it was kind of yellowy. It made our furniture look more orange then it really is.
Because we don't own our house, it makes me hesitant to do too much "cosmetic" work to it. I don't like sinking money into something that isn't ours. There has been a lot of talk the last few years of having our house torn down and us moving into the house next door while Chris' boss building a new house on the farm property. But they have decided against that and instead are (hopefully) doing some much needed work to our house.
I didn't really take any "during" pictures other then the one above. The paint colour is called "Swiss Coffee". It looks very white to me but on the paint can and chip it looked a little more creamy. But I do like how it looks on the wall. It was a lot of work trying to paint a small bedroom while keeping it still functional. I ended up painting 2 of the walls first before moving the bed to a new position and painting the 3rd wall.
The duvet cover and pillow shams I ordered online from Land's End. I LOVE the paisley print! I managed to get them both at 50% off, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. And the 4th wall, as you can see below, got wall papered with a fun barn board print wall paper I found at Lowes. Much thanks to my mom for helping me put it up. It probably saved my marriage :P
I was able to use all of our previous sheets, pillows, etc. because they matched. We added the drapes to the 2 windows to add some interest to the walls. Plus it hides the roller blinds a little. Still debating whether I should paint the closet doors.
Maybe someday we'll get new carpet. But other then that, the room is complete! And I'm doing my best to keep it looking nice and spotless with no clothes lying around.
2 comments:
Looks great; a lot of work ! My 2 cents : leave the closet doors as they are.
Looks sweet and fresh. Well done!! And I vote yes to painting the closet doors.
Kate
Post a Comment