
Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe we have been married for so short a time and yet it also seems like forever. We didn't do anything special yesterday, just exchanged cards with loving sentiments written in them :) I also received a chocolate bar! My hubby knows my love for dark chocolate. I felt bad about the day though, because I was gone for almost all of it. There was Ladies Society in the morning, after which I went to Oma Naves' to do some spring cleaning (my mother-in-law took Nathan home with her). When I was finally home at 4, I had a very miserable son to deal with and supper to make. Chris finally came in at 6:45 so we quickly ate our dinner of borenkoel (no idea how to spell it :) and I then left my darlings at home to go to a Tupperware party. Aren't I the lovely wife! But I'm making up for it this weekend.
About 2 months ago I decided that Chris and I need to get away. So I checked with his boss's wife to book off an extra day of work. I also asked my mother-in-law if she could watch Nathan while we were gone. I was hoping to organize this weekend away as a surprise for Chris so that when he came in the house this evening, Nathan would be gone already, our bags would be packed and we could just eat a quick supper and then jump in the car and leave (after Chris had a shower first of course!). But I never did tell my in-laws that it was going to be a surprise. Thus my mother-in-law told Amanda that Nathan would be over when the girl from Holland was over. Then Amanda went and said something to Chris and me when we were talking in the barn one afternoon. So the surprise was spoiled (don't worry Amanda, I'm not mad at you! It was my own fault for not saying it was a surprise in the first place). With it not being a surprise any more, it has given us both something to look forward to.
So now for the last several weeks Chris has been bugging me as to where we are going. He knows we are going to Niagra Falls, but that is all. I think it's important for married couples, whether they have been married for only 3 years or 30 years, to take the time to get away from the daily grind and rediscover why they actually love each other. It is important to keep the romance going and to take the time to just enjoy eachothers company without the normal distractions of work and kids. I'm going to miss my son so much, but I've been looking so forward to this weekend to let that spoil it for me. Plus God is blessing us with beautiful weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment