Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sickness & Injuries

I haven't been too faithful lately with taking pictures. It seems like there hasn't been too much excitement lately, other then sicknesses and injuries. This past week Nathan had a fever for almost 3 days. He was very cuddly, which is fun, but when you are trying to get things done around the house, it's frustrating to hear your little boy whining constantly. Night time was hard, with hours of crying and nothing would console him. We used so much baby Motrin! The stuff does bring down the fever quite quickly but as soon as the 8 hours was over, up it went again. On Wednesday night I decided to go up to my parents for the night and spend Thursday with my mom, sister & brother, even with a sick boy. Plus I started to have a very sore throat. The night did not go well but by morning Nathan's fever had broke... thankfully! (I was ready to go to the Dr.'s by then). He had two very long naps Thursday and slept right through that night. I was so thankful :)

My reason for going up to my parents was to learn how to set up their tent trailer. We are using it in less then 2 weeks time to go camping at Kill Bear. It was so exciting to see how it all works.... now I'm even more pumped to go camping, something I haven't done in a very long time!

So now my sore throat has turned into a head cold. It's worse in the early morning and just before bed, but during the day it hasn't been too bad thus far. But I'm afraid that Nathan is catching it from me... so nice of me to share :) He has been absolutely miserable these past couple days and has been grabbing at his throat and sometimes at his ears. I'm praying that it won't last very long. I have to constantly remind myself through-out the day that God only gives us what we can handle and that I will become a stronger person through this all.

Chris' burns are starting to heal up... they are extremely itchy, which is a good sign. I did have to hide the Tylenol though. Chris doesn't like to read the instructions on the label and thinks that taking 3 or 4 at a time is totally fine... I do not agree! So now he has to come to me and ask for some and I give him 2 :) I don't think he is too impressed with me, but I told him that I'm only doing it because I love him and it's for his own good.

1 comment:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

I laughed when I read that last paragraph... :D