So it seems like crocheting hats is very big right now! Several of my friends and acquaintances are making and even selling cute crocheted hats for girls (at least it seems like they are always for girls). I made one for Nathan but it does not look very good on him (a little small) so is thus not photo worthy! MaryBeth, on the other-hand, looks great in the 2 I made for her :) The first one pictured I made using a combination of patterns I found online as well as my own made-up ear flaps. The visor didn't turn out like I had hoped... Chris called it a ruffle :)


This second hat I made first using left over yarn from the diaper bag. Thanks Laura for sharing the link for the pattern! I used 2 strands of yarn "tog" to make the hat a little thicker and stiffer.


This last hat is too small for MaryBeth to wear :( So I think I'll give it away as a gift. There have been 2 baby girls born in our church recently so I'm sure one of them would enjoy it!
5 comments:
I was going to make a hat for the church shower too:)
I love them all! I can't decide whether I like the purple or pink one best...they're sooo cute! You could go into business. I kid you not.
I too love them all! I'm a firm believer in covering little ears so I'm partial to the first one. It looks to me like if you changed the wool colour and left off the flower the first could be for a boy too. What do you think? I love the little front cap part...makes most kids look so much cuter. MaryBeth looks good in them both!
I'm making a new one for Nathan... almost done :) Pictures to follow!
Hi Anneke! I didn't know you had a blog! Hurray for another blog to enjoy. :-) I am so glad that little Nathan is walking! And I love the hats for Marybeth, especially the purple one.
Post a Comment