This past Sunday, MaryBeth awoke with a messy diaper. I thought nothing of it... these things happen on occasion. She seemed fine all day, although she did have 2 more "loose" diapers through out the day. Monday morning she was plastered! Not my favorite thing to find :( Into the bath-tub she went. Nathan was jealous. Bath time is his favorite! All day you could tell she wasn't her normal self. She drank water, pedialite and diluted apple juice all day. Tuesday morning she woke up plastered again. Repeat of Monday :( Again Nathan was jealous of not getting to go in the tub! He actually asked Friday morning when I was changing his diaper if he could go for a bath. It seems he think poop and baths go together! Anyways, back to Tuesday. MaryBeth has decided that clear liquids are no longer drinkable and only wants to drink formula. I'm not sure if this is wise but figure "at least she's drinking". (I have consulted a medical book and website and both say that formula is still fine to give, esp. if it does not contain dairy.) Her diapers are getting not so messy- good sign! She then decides that food needs to come out the other end :( Nathan gets jealous and joins in the barfing fun, puking in his highchair, in the family room and again in his bedroom. I'll be renting a carpet cleaner next week.
Chris and I both started feeling queasy. I never know if it's just in my head or if I am actually sick because I really dislike the smell of vomit (although I'm sure most people do!). Chris did sit up in bed during the night and said that he felt sick. I told him to run to the bathroom. He just sat there. I asked him if he wanted the bowl that was on the floor beside the bed (I didn't trust myself to sleep without it, my stomach was turing so much!). He ended up laying back down . Other then feeling nauseous and somewhat achy (Chris said it felt like he had a fight with a giant, and won of course), we both have been fine. This is something to be thankful for because it's not fun taking care of sick kids when you yourself are sick. Nathan, thankfully, was fine again by Thursday/Friday. My almost 1 year old is another story. While the vomiting only lasted the one day, her diarrhea seems to be getting worse, not better. I think I'm going to bring her in tomorrow. Our family doctor is part of a group of doctors in Ancaster that always has a doctor on call on the weekends for emergencies so we don't have to go to a walk-in-clinic or to emerg. Something to be thankful for!
So this new year of 2011 has not got off to a great start. We cancelled our plans for New Years eve :( I also had to cancel a small birthday party that I was planning with a friend for her son and MaryBeth. But I need to look at the bright side and thank the Lord for the many things he has blessed us with. Last year at this time I was lying in a hospital bed, awaiting the arrival of MaryBeth. Up until now she has been extremely healthy. Nathan, while he hasn't grown much, he has learned to walk and do so many other things. Chris has been a faithful husband and loving father. The list could go on and on. God has blessed me so richly in 2010! It is my personal prayer to grow closer in my walk with Him in 2011.
3 comments:
Yikes...not fun. I hope she gets better soon. It's great that you don't have to wait in the ER. We spent 4 hours there today.
hang in there friend! I know it must be rough. Use that trip coming up to strengthen your marriage and really focus on God's word together.
I feel bad for you! We also got the flu over Christmas--William and I and Maryke, and that made a total of 18 out of the 33 people at our family Christmas who got the bug. It's a brutal bug, and we're still not 100% yet. I hope Mary Beth starts to get better soon!
Sarah W
Post a Comment