Yes, I know, it's been 13 days since my last post. I've had good intentions. I always do :) But I just never got around to writing a new post the last 2 weeks. And I can't even blame it on being too busy since the last several days have been fairly quiet. This weather is a little discouraging. I so want to plant my garden (which Chris lovingly dug up last Saturday) and hang my 7-8 loads of laundry every week on the clothes line and not on my drying racks in the house. But I'm sure warmer weather and sunny skies will be on the way.... soon I hope!
We have a family of geese across the pond, like we do every year, and so one day I decided to go out in the pasture and try to get some pictures of them. The 6 goslings are so adorable! But as soon as I started making my way down the hill to get closer, mommy and daddy goose quickly herded their brood up the other hill and out of view. This is one of the best shots I got.
So while I was out in the pasture, the heifers beside me crowded together watching my every move. They were so eager to have their picture taken so I snapped several shots. I thought they turned out pretty good so I decided to submit one to "Eye on the Area" from the Hamilton Spectator. Every day on the front page in the classifieds a picture is printed that someone from the community has submitted. I've sent in pictures before (years ago) and never saw them printed so I didn't' expect it to happen this time around. But imagine my surprise and delight when Monday morning I happened to glance at the classifieds and see this!
The kids have been loving the outdoors (when the weather is nice) and have been playing surprisingly well when stuck inside. MaryBeth is our little book worm. Several times a day she sits by the book shelf and pulls off books, one by one, and looks at every page before grabbing the next one. It's so cute to watch her pretend to read, babbling the way she does and squealing with joy when she sees pictures of animals.
Nathan has also found a love for books, but unlike MaryBeth, someone has to read them to him :) But that's okay. It's nice to sit down once in awhile and read to my son. I think it's helping with his vocabulary as he often will repeat some of the words. Hopefully these children's love for books will continue down the road!

1 comment:
Anneke, I saw your photo in the spec - good job! The hamilton public library website has a section called tumble books. You can pick your books and have a playlist and the computer turns the pages and reads the books to the kids. Nothing is quite as nice a sitting down and reading to your little ones, but when a meal needs to be made this is a good substitute. Ericka
Post a Comment