I'm not liking this time change. Well, for me alone it doesn't bother me but when you throw 2 young kids into the mix, it does! I enjoy having the sun coming out at 7 rather then 8. There has only been one morning (out of the 3 we've had so far) that Nathan was up before 6 (7 daylight savings). And that Sunday morning he just came into bed with Chris and I and slept for another hour so our mornings have been fairly good thus far. It's the middle of the day that seems to be the problem. By 11am the kids are just miserable. I think their stomachs are still programed for lunch then. The longer I try to hold off on lunch, the grumpier they get. It's the same with snack time, which is usually around 10 in our house. Now they're asking for cookies at 9 already! I hope they start to adjust soon because it's starting to wear me out.
On a funnier note, Mary Beth is really into imitating other lately. She's always copying someone! On Saturday afternoon I was holding her while standing in line to say goodbye to our Pastor and his wife (they've left for Holland) and the couple standing behind us both had their arms folded. Mary Beth took notice and immediately folded her arms. Several weeks ago Nathan fell down accidentally and bonked his head on the wall. He was crying so I comforted him. Mary Beth saw the whole thing and promptly threw herself down on the ground and knocked her head on the wall (on purpose) and began a pitiful whimper. I think we have an actress on our hands!
1 comment:
I hear you about the time change! This morning was the first morning Alex almost made it to 7am. The days are long.. and like you said, at 11am they are hungry for lunch.
Post a Comment