These past couple days have really had their ups and downs. Tuesday night started off great (for me) as I met up with my old friend Monique to reconnect. It's been a while since we've made time to spend together just the 2 of us. She is one very busy lady, working full time at the Dunnville Memorial hospital as a RN, working part time at her parents greenhouse, co-organizing a southern Ontario young adults Bible study group, being head counselor of the Kingdom Seekers (girls club), spending time with her family plus now a boyfriend. There's probably a lot more that I've missed as to what keeps her busy. It was so much fun to get out and talk like we used to.
I arrived home later that evening to a sick daughter. Mary Beth has had a slight cold over the past week, but nothing that was too serious. Tuesday night it manifested into croup. What a horrible sounding cough! It came on so suddenly and without any warning. Fortunately for the both of us, Mary Beth managed to sleep most of the night. Wednesday night was not so great :( Last night was much better with Mary Beth only waking up once. The croup cough is now gone (she sounded like a sick seal!) and has been replaced with a more rattly one. Her appetite is pretty low but I don't think her stomach is all that happy right now either. But I think she is on the mend. Thank the Lord for answered prayers!
Nathan is making slow progress with potty training. Most days are frustrating, or they are for me anyways. He just doesn't seem to care about it. But today we seem to making some head-way. Nathan has actually peed on the potty 4 times today (and the day is not over yet!). He did have 2 accidents, but that is quite good for him. We often go through 4 or 5 pairs of underwear a day. I don't find using pull-ups work all that well for him, although I don't dare take him out anywhere without one on. Hopefully he begins to catch on soon. Nathan has never yet told me that he needs to pee. I just put him on the potty every now and then and sometimes he goes and most often he doesn't. Today I've put him on the potty 5 times and he's gone 4 times, and each time he went within 1 minute of sitting down! I hope this progress continues!
Now I'm busy trying to do some crocheting for the RCS bazaar in 2 weeks as well as make my Christmas cards. I love doing "crafty" things. Unfortunately my house starts to suffer once I start a project. I need to come up with some sort of balance...
3 comments:
Anneke, my first two were trained well before two and a half and now my third has given this confident mom a little run for my money thinking I was experienced. I invested in these training pants http://www.snugglebugz.ca/training-pant-sizes.html. Just two pairs as with my crew I do laundry everyday besides Sundays. They have a good plastic liner. So when they have accidents it contains it to the underwear and not the pants. They still feel the accident unlike pull ups. Then when I got really brave I put these on when we went out instead of pulls ups and had an extra set of clothes in the van. Ericka
I'm glad that Mary Beth is doing better now. It is scary to see a little one feeling so terrible, especially when you don't know how to make them feel better.
I only have 1 child so far, and she is 15 months, so I know nothing about the struggles of potty training. But I know that with Nathan there are added obstacles, and I pray that the success you had the other day would continue!
Hi Anneke,
our son gets a croupy cough every year at this time.. I think it is the change in weather...try a vapoplug at the first sign of it coming on..works for us
Janet
Post a Comment