Friday, December 27, 2013

An early Christmas gift

I was planning to update this blog earlier this week.  We were so excited to have reached the 36 week mark of this pregnancy! We were also really starting to wonder when this little one was going to make their appearance.  All of our Christmas plans were somewhat up in the air.  The Armstrong gathering with my family ended up being here at our house instead of at my parents so we could stay closer to the hospital in case something happened (and the weather was not the greatest... the last thing we wanted was to be stuck in freezing rain 2 hours from the hospital if we needed to go suddenly).  I was so grateful to my family for being so accommodating and helpful.  

On Monday I saw my OB and the appointment went well.  All throughout the day I was having mild contractions.  I didn't think too much of it.  It wasn't the first time that this had happened.  I woke up suddenly around midnight with several strong contractions.  After waiting about 45 minutes to make sure it was the real thing, I attempted to wake Chris.  I told him we needed to go.  He looked at the ceiling and said "I'm okay" and promptly went back to sleep :)  After the second attempt to wake him, Chris called his mom to come stay with the kids and we were off to the hospital.  About 2 and a half hours later, Jenna Marie made her entrance into the world.  Born at 4:30 am on Christmas Eve weighing 5 lbs. 13 oz. she has a head of dark hair.

Happy big brother Nathan
 A sister for Mary Beth


We had a lot of visitors over the 3 days we were at the hospital.  And now we are happy to be at home.  Nathan and Mary Beth are enjoying some time at Oma & Grandpa's house and will spend more time at Grandma & Grandpa's house after that.  I'm recovering from the surgery fairly well.  We praise our heavenly Father for entrusting us with another covenant child and for making all things well thus far.

10 comments:

Leanne said...

beautiful Anneke! so glad all is well! Hope you all recover well and enjoy adjusting to the sweet little person in your house! Congratualtions! Leanne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!
Although somewhat confused, what surgery did you have??

Lynnette VD said...

So Sweet! Congrats and I'm so thankful that she made it so far! Mary Beth looks so happy with the fact she has a sister :)

Lynnette VD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anneke Naves said...

I had to have a cesarean birth.

Anonymous said...

So thankful everything went well! I can't wait to see her!

Jonathan and Denise said...

Congratulations Chris and Anneke!! (and Nathan and MaryBeth)
Thanks for updating and letting us know:) I've been curious! Hope you are doing well, getting rest and enjoying all the sweet moments!

Kerri said...

Congratulations! How wonderful to have a new born in the house again!

Marcia said...

What nice news, and a lovely name! Hope all is going well.

Sandra said...

Congratulations! She looks precious :) God's blessings to you all!