Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Everyday is a record!

 It's hard to believe but I am still pregnant! What an answer to prayer.  We've reached 34 weeks and 4 days today.  Part of me wonders if this is right since my original due date was Jan. 25 but my doctor moved it a week earlier to the 18th according to the results of one of my first ultra sounds.  Regardless, we are still happy to be home with baby inside.  This past Monday/Tuesday we didn't think this would be the case...

  I had my regular weekly appointment with my doctor and she was thrilled to see me still pregnant! Everything was fine and I ran a couple of errands afterwards since the kids were at my in-laws.  My stomach was a little upset that day, but I didn't think too much of it.  By the evening, I was experiencing a lot of tightening's and just feeling very uncomfortable.  Everything I ate came out.  In prenatal classes years ago we were told that that was a symptom of labor.  I told Chris when I went to bed that evening that it might be "the night".  By midnight I knew something was going on (contractions every 5-6 minutes) so I woke Chris up and he called his mom to come stay with the kids.  I called the hospital to let them know we were coming and off we went.  We were there just over 8 hours and while my cervix is dilating (4 cms) it stayed that way the whole time and my contractions were very irregular and would actually fade away the longer I laid there.  Because it did not seem to be regular labor, the doctor gave me some tylenol 3's to see if the contractions would go away.  Tylenol would not do anything for real labor but once I took them, I didn't have any contractions, thus it wasn't real labor.  We were sent home extremely tired, a little disappointed not to be meeting our little one but thankful too that babe is continuing to grow in womb.

  I think now that the contractions were connected to my upset stomach.  Mary Beth today has an upset stomach so we must have a bit of a flu in our house :(   But we will keep pluggin' on the best we can!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hang in there! We are thinking and praying for you and the babe! Maybe you will have a Christmas baby :)

Jonathan and Denise said...

Thanks for updating! I'm always curious how you are doing and if baby has arrived or not! Thanking God with you that all continues to go well! Strength for the coming weeks!