Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Connected once again!

So yes, it has been awhile since my last post. I do have a good reason though for not blogging. We have had no Internet for a week and a half until today. I didn't realize how often I go online until this past week when I was unable to. I've gone over to the neighbour several times to check my email on their computer and do some online banking. Chris had called our Internet provider last week to let them know of our "technical" difficulties and they said it might be awhile until they could get here. Apparently a lot of their customers were having problems. Chris had figured out the problem was with a little black box that the Internet wires run in and out of. It needs electricity to run and the power light on it would not come on when it was plugged in. Chris took the little black box (no idea what it's really called) to Future Shop and Best Buy, hoping he could just get it replaced. But at both stores he was told that he had to go to our Internet supplier. For awhile I was worried that maybe our supplier somehow disconnected us because we didn't pay the bill they sent us. A tower was put on top of one of the silos here on the farm a few years ago with the agreement that both houses on the farm property would have free unlimited Internet. The company has since changed ownership several times and last month we received a bill from the newest company for the monthly services. Thankfully it was a mistake :) I went to the new office today and brought the faulty "black box" and had it replaced. So hopefully I'll get back to regular posting, or at least once a week!

No comments: