Thursday, August 11, 2011

Salsa

I apologize for the lack of posts... story of my life it seems :) It turns out that the month of August is a busy one. We celebrated several birthdays, making preparations for VBS next week, slowly packing things for the cottage the following week and maintaining a fruitful garden. I've been blessed with lots of tomatoes from my 2 plants and I was able to make a batch of salsa today. While the recipe is quite simple, it is time consuming having to chop up all the tomatoes, onions, peppers, and celery. One recipe made me 6 medium jars and 4 small jars. There is a bit of juice left over which my mom suggests to use as a marinade for steaks.
Thankfully all of the jars sealed immediately. I love to hear the popping sound of the lids :)

I have a feeling I'm going to have lots more tomatoes ready next week so I might be making salsa again, if I manage to find the time!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I agree with you on the popping sound! It means your hard work was successful! Kraft has a yummy Chicken enchilada recipe that uses about two cups of salsa...what else do you use salsa for? besides nachos!:)

Anneke Naves said...

We eat fajitas every now and then and if there are left-over tortias I make quesadillas in the frying pan for lunch. We don't use salsa too much but I used up everything I made last year with my mom. It makes a nice hostess gift too :) I'll have to look up that recipe.