Thursday, October 6, 2011

lost and found!

Almost a year ago now Chris lost his glasses. Well, actually Nathan ran off with them and we could not find them. It was the Sunday morning of the time change. Chris was in the house early and decided to have a little nap on the bean-bag chair. Nathan was running (I think he was walking then) around and took off with Chris' glasses, which were laying beside Chris on the floor. Chris didn't think too much off it, until 20 minutes later he couldn't find them. We searched and searched to no avail. We came to the conclusion that Nathan must have put them in the garbage and I emptied it without checking (I don't normally check my garbage before emptying it :) Thankfully Chris has a second pair of glasses. They were meant to be a "good" pair but had to become "work" glasses. He also wears contact lenses but they are not good for in the barn with all the dust and shavings being used.

Yesterday I took out my wicker basket that I keep old wedding programs and shower games in for possible future use. My mother-in-law had asked me a few days ago to do some games for the up-coming baby shower for Bethany and Mikayla. So as I was searching my stash, lo and behold what do I find? The missing glasses! Why is it that I always find something like that when it's just been replaced? Chris' good glasses are so scratched up from him cleaning them with his work shirts that he can hardly see through them. 2 weeks ago he went and bought a new pair. And now these old ones have turned up. Oh well, I guess it's good to have a back up pair in case the glasses thief strikes again!

No comments: