I still can't seem to make up my mind as to what I should do with the bedroom set. I probably will end up refinishing it, despite all the work. We did buy a palm sander a couple years ago when we did reno's upstairs, so that will definitely help out with the sanding! While I do like white furniture, I don't think it would work for a boys room. I was thinking brown, but wonder if it will be too brown with the closet doors and window blind being brown already. Maybe I should just bring the night table up to Nathan's room and see how it looks in there before I do anything drastic :)
I examined the furniture closer and discovered that it indeed is laminate (Andrea, it is more of a grey colour [white washed oak?]- my camera flash isn't working so the colour looked off in that last picture). So what do you do when you don't know what's best for painting laminate? You google it of course :) And I ended up finding a cool blog called livingwithlindsay.com and she has step by step instructions here on how to paint laminate furinture. At the bottom of the post she has an update about a new product you can find here to use for refinishing cupboards and furniture. I'm not sure if it's available in Canada though. I can't find it on the Home Depot or Lowes websites :( If you want to redo your kitchen cupboards, you'll definitely want to look into Rust-Oleum! The demo makes it look so easy and the results are amazing.
So for now I still have a dining room full of bedroom furniture. Good thing we aren't having company this weekend!
2 comments:
Well, if it's grey, maybe it would work as is? I like your idea of trying the end table in the room to see if it goes.
I agree that if there is already quite a bit of brown in the room that might be too much.
What about a dark/navy blue? That might look neat, and is something a bit different!
Their furniture is beyond my budget, but you can get some neat color ideas from the youngamerica.com website. Another suggestion which I saw on someone's blog is to paint the drawer fronts a different color.
Post a Comment